Business Project List View - Way to show custom field as a column

Adam Foot August 22, 2021

As per subject, there doesn't appear to be an easy way to add a custom field that is shown on the issue when clicked as a column in the list view. 

The list view by default, also doesn't appear to show all issues. For example, issues that are moved to the final workflow status of completed are not shown. If I click on filter & show all done issues, then they show up.

2 answers

1 vote
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 23, 2021

Hi Adam,

Second thing first - yes, in Jira Work Management (Business projects) the default on the List does not show Done issues. You need to click on the filters to select Done. 

To add a custom field, go to Settings > Issues > Custom Fields. You can add a field there and then adjust the context for the field to include the Business project. 

You just be a Jira Administrator to add the field though.

Adam Foot August 29, 2021

Hi John, thanks for confirming the second item. Re the custom fields, I've created them & associated them to all fields in the project. They are usable for issue creation as well as issue editing. However, when I go List view the custom field that is available on the other screens is no longer there. Using the plus icon on the top right of the table doesn't show the custom field I'm looking for as an option either.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 30, 2021

Not all custom fields are available so far for the List view. The developers are continuing to work to add those but I don’t know the timeframe. 
What field type is it?

Like Jennifer Garton likes this
Deoclides Neto October 9, 2021

I'd also appreciate it. I would like to add a checkbox filter type. Without that, actually the List view gets pretty useless for me.

Like Dana McCoy likes this
Tal Stanek October 10, 2021

How can I see Epic Link field in the list view of a business project ?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 10, 2021

That field is not available for the List screen yet. 

Holly Robillard March 20, 2023

Any updates on whether a custom checkbox field is available for list view yet? I see custom dropdowns are available

Gia Jgarkava June 5, 2023

Hi all. +1 for checkbox in list view. Is there any ETA available for this? 

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 22, 2021

Have you attempted to create your own filter and add desired columns? Use the Advanced Search Issues to construct your JQL.

Adam Foot August 29, 2021

Hi Jack, in the List view there doesn't appear to be a search box where you can add JQL. There is just a filter button on the top right that provides an unchangeable list of options (not all custom fields for the project) where you can select fields to show.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 30, 2021

correct. but you could use Advanced Search as alternative possibly.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events