Burndown calculation (jira agile)

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 26, 2014

Hi All

I have a query on burndown calculation on jira agile.

If i move an issue to the right most column (say Done) does that mean that burndown will burn down all remaining estimate irrespective of the fact whether there is remaining estimate left on an issue?

PS: I using estimation statistic as original time estimate and time tracking as remaining estimate and time spent.

Rahul

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 30, 2014

I have checked burndown does not automatically burndown the remaining estimate to zero when you move it to the done column.

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 27, 2014

If i move an issue to the right most column (say Done) does that mean that burndown will burn down all remaining estimate irrespective of the fact whether there is remaining estimate left on an issue?

I believe yes. Since the most right column is considered "complete". The easiest way to check is to create a test project and some test issues to test it out.

Suggest an answer