Bulk copy custom field values to another field

David Pleşu April 18, 2023

Hi, 

I have in a project in jira cloud, company-managed project, 10000 + issues, i want that in all of them to copy the value from field X to field Y, and after that to delete the X field, i tried with import a csv, but it was succesfull for the first 1000 issues.

Thank you, 

David..

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 18, 2023

Hi @David Pleşu

if you're open to solutions from the Atlassian Marketplace, this would be easy to do with the app that my team and I are working on, JXL for Jira.

JXL is a full-fledged spreadsheet/table view for your issues that allows viewing, inline-editing, sorting, and filtering by all your issue fields, much like you’d do in e.g. Excel or Google Sheets. It also supports bulk editing via copy/paste, like so:

bulk-copy-paste.gif

This works between any issue fields (as long as the format can be parsed), between JXL and pretty much any other app (including Excel or Google Sheets), and for any number of issues in one go - so you should be done with your work in no time.

Any questions just let me know,

Best,

Hannes

David Pleşu April 20, 2023

Hi,

Thank you for your solution, but i did my way: with 10 imports.

BR,

David.

Christian Delgado July 26, 2023

This works but eventually breaks, I'm doing  8k issues value copy to another one and it no longer loads and constantly crashes.

Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 27, 2023

Hi @Christian Delgado, mind reaching out here so we can have a look into it?

Christian Delgado July 27, 2023

Sure, I also submitted a support ticket with JXL for this. 

Suggest an answer