Bulk clone backlog

Jason Robinson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 23, 2024

Hi

I have a lot of repeated tasks each sprint and would like to have a default template in my backlog, where I can select all the issues and just bulk clone to move into a sprint, how do I do this?

thanks

Jason

3 answers

2 votes
Ste Wright
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 23, 2024

Hi @Jason Robinson 

Natively, your options are...

You've listed your plan level as "Free" - just be aware there are Automation execution limits per month, and upgrading might be beneficial if you intend to use them.

---

There's also Apps you could consider, such as...

---

Let us know your thoughts!

Ste

Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 26, 2024

Hi @Jason Robinson,

I am Marlene, product manager of Deep Clone for Jira.

Like @Ste Wright mentioned it is possible to bulk clone issues with our app. On top of this you can edit Jira fields while cloning, in your case it would be the sprint field. 

If you have more questions about Deep Clone for Jira feel free to reach out to us directly.

0 votes
Clara Belin-Brosseau
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 11, 2024

Hello @Jason Robinson

If you're willing to use a third-party application, I can suggest trying our Elements Copy & Sync app that allows you to copy issues with all their content (summary, description, custom fields, comments, attachments, etc.) and their child issues.

You’ll be able to easily bulk clone your issues to move them into a sprint.

Don't hesitate to try our app, it's free during 30 days and stays free under 10 users.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Kind regards,
Clara

0 votes
Valentine P_Elements
Marketplace Partner
March 24, 2024

@Julien Peyrade _ Elements , could you please help @Jason Robinson ?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events