Bulk change

Lena Sargsyan June 9, 2023

Hi,

I can't bulk change the issue types in my project. Please, advise what can be the problem. While it is allowed when trying to change it for a separate issue.

Here are the screen shots.

Thanks.

Lena

Screenshot 2023-06-09 173444.pngScreenshot 2023-06-09 173310.png

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 9, 2023

Hi @Lena Sargsyan Is the DEV Task issue type part of the Issue Type Scheme associated with your project?

Steve Long -Evelon-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 9, 2023

+ check this as well!

Lena Sargsyan June 12, 2023

Hi, @Dave Mathijs , Yes the DEV Task issue type is a part of the Issue Type Scheme associated with my project. And I have the permission to move issues.

But still the problem exists -  I can not Bulk change their types.

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 12, 2023

Can you please show what is mentioned as help text under Change Issue Type? It is now blocked by clicking on the selection list.

And again can change them separately.

@Dave Mathijs 

Some issue types are unavailable due to incompatible field configuration and/or workflow associations.

Unavailable Actions
  • Change Linked Issues
    NOTE: This field is not available for bulk update operations.
  • Change Security Level
    NOTE: At least one of the projects of the selected issues is not associated with an issue level security scheme.
  • Change Fix versions
    NOTE: The project of the selected issue(s) does not have any versions.
  • Change Affects versions
    NOTE: The project of the selected issue(s) does not have any versions.
  • Change Components
    NOTE: The project of the selected issue(s) does not have any components.
  • Change Parent
    NOTE: This operation can be performed only on issues from ONE next-gen project, and it cannot be performed on the combination of subtasks and other issue types you've selected.
  • Change Atlas project key
  • Change Atlas project status
  • Change Organizations
    NOTE: Service project is not enabled or you do not have permission to perform this action. Please enable and configure your service project first.
  • Change Request Type
    NOTE: Service project is not enabled or you do not have permission to perform this action. Please enable and configure your service project first.
  • Change Request participants
    Bulk editing is not supported for service project Request participants.
  • Change Satisfaction
    Bulk editing is not supported for Satisfaction results.
  • Change Satisfaction date
    Bulk editing is not supported for Satisfaction date results.
  • Change Time to close after resolution
  • Change Time to first response
  • Change Time to resolution
  • Change Time to resolution
  • Change Time to review normal change
Send mail for this update

It (Change Issue Type) doesnt even listed in Unavailable Actions.

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 12, 2023

@Lena Sargsyan Like the error message says, check the incompatible field configuration(s) or workflows associations.

If Status A is available for issue type X, but not for issue type Y, then you won't be able to change the issue type in bulk.

Lena Sargsyan June 14, 2023

@Dave Mathijs  thanks  a lot it worked!

Like Dave Mathijs likes this
Chathura Wijeratne March 9, 2024

@Dave Mathijs could you help me with the below if you can, it is similar to the conversation going on here. 

I am trying to change the Reporter field for Issue Bulk, when I go to the edit function, it doesn't show the area I want to perform. I have attached a screen shot of the error message. It says I do not have permission. I am the main admin. Could someone help me add the permissions to the Bulk Mover option, please? 

Bulk Mover.jpg

0 votes
Steve Long -Evelon-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 9, 2023

Hi @Lena Sargsyan

My assumption would be that you don't have the 'Move Issues' permission for the project in question. This is required along with the 'Bulk Changes' global permission (which you seem to have) for what you're doing.

Check that out and see how you get on.

Hope that helps - Steve.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events