Bulk Upload of Issues

andy January 23, 2020

I need help with this issue please. I am trying to bulk upload user story into Jira but keep coming up with an error message stated below. I'd appreciate if anyone can help out please.

"The Validation process has found 1 error/s"

. Issue can't be created due to the error/s [Approvers is required]

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2020

Your workflow for that issue type requires the Approver field. You have two options:

1. temporarily remove the approver from the workflow or
  2. add a field (column) in your import file called approver and place the approver you have defined for the field in each row.

i would do #2.

andy January 23, 2020

Many thanks Jack. The second option worked really well and resolved my issue. I'd like to know the first option too. In the case where i do not want to enable approver. Are you able to help on how I can remove temporarily from the workflow

Thanks, 

Andy

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2020

I have not tried it TBH but it ultimately depends on your workflow. You could simply edit the workflow and bypass the approval status. You would create a copy of your workflow, edit it and then associate with the Issuetype. Then you could reassociate the old one. now if your goal is to simply provide an approval bypass that can be done in the active workflow. This is useful to allow agent to bypass the approval when say the approver is out on vacation.

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 23, 2020

Hi @andy

This usually points to a required field within your instance / project - do you have a field "Approvers" within the project and issue type you're trying to upload?

A simple method to check for required fields at creation is to:

1. Go to Create and select the project / issue type
  2. Add a Summary and press Create - and check what fields come up as required

If this is a required field, you'll need to populate it in the bulk issue creation for them to upload successfully.

Ste

Suggest an answer