Bulk Import CSV

Theodore Druckman September 30, 2020

I have set up my CSV file with all the necessary fields to import 99+ tasks into an epic. I have set my date/time format to reflect how I would like it to pull in as well as set the query to reference this under the bulk import setup page.

I've made multiple tweaks attempting to get this correct, but when importing the tasks they still pull in for January and February 2020, when they should pull in as October and November 2020. Has anyone had a similar experience and able to offer insight into why this is happening and how to remedy?

All other fields are properly populating as they should.

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 30, 2020

Hello @Theodore Druckman 

Welcome to the community.

Can you provide the details of ...?

- examples of the date/time data in your CSV

- correspondingly how you defined the date/time format for import

Theodore Druckman December 7, 2020

Hi @Trudy Claspill just saw your reply here, apologies. 

In the CSV, they're formatted as MM/DD/YYYY HH:MM.

I have set the date/time format to be the same for the input, however they pull in for January and February, not the intended October/November dates. 

I tried to work around this to tweak my input format to match what I thought would work for JIRA, but still encounter the same Jan/Feb 2020 dilemma. 

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2020

Hello @Theodore Druckman 

Are you saying that all the dates in your CSV file are for October and November of 2020, but the issues that are created are instead setting those dates to be January and November 2020?

Can you provide here verbatim examples of the date/time data in your CSV?

Can you provide here what you are entering verbatim in the Date format field for the import setup?

Theodore Druckman December 8, 2020

Hi @Trudy Claspill 

The image below is how my date is formatted in my CSV. When I enter it into the bulk upload feature in JIRA I've entered it as

• MM/DD/YYY
  • MM/DD/YYY HH:MM

Ultimately, it still pulls it in to assign each issue a start and due date in either January or December 2020. I don't have an image of that as I manually corrected each one to use for this project.

CSV Example.png

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 8, 2020

Hello @Theodore Druckman 

I believe you are using the wrong syntax for your date translations.

On the import setup screen notice the link to a page with the date syntax that needs to be used.

Screen Shot 2020-12-08 at 8.13.30 AM.png

If you review that page you'll see that the format a lowercase d is "day in month" while an uppercase D is "day in year. The conversion format you need to to be entering is MM/dd/yyyy. I suspect the incorrect case of the D is what is throwing off the conversion.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events