Bug template

Katie Moore September 16, 2022

I want to create a bug template and apply that to all projects (automatically) when I create a JIRA project in my instance. Is that possible? If so can I get a link to how to set that up properly?

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 16, 2022

Hi @Katie Moore 

Following your previous question about creating project with shared configuration, what you have to do it:

• Create a new project
  • Adjust all project's schemes (workflow, screen, issue type screen, issue types, notification, permission, field configration)
  • Once you've done this you will leave this project intact, empty, to work as a template.
  • Then when you create a new project, you will select shared configuration with that one

And to answer your question, you don't create a "bug template" per se.

• You have to create an issue type scheme (choose all issue types that will exist on the project)
  • For every issue type, you have to create their screens
  • For every issue type you have to create their screen scheme
  • You have then to create the issue type screen scheme, which will associate for the project the issue types with the screen schemes
  • You will associate the issue type screen scheme to the project
  • Then you will create the separate workflows for every issue type (if you need separate workflows)
  • You will associate them with a workflow scheme
  • That workflow scheme you will associate it with the project
  • Setup permission scheme
  • Setup notification scheme
  • Field configuration will also needs setup for every individual issue type. All these fields configs will be associated with a new field config scheme, and you will associate the latter to your project

You might find the above a lot of work. It's actually is, but it's not difficult. You can do this!

Katie Moore September 16, 2022

I'm so glad I used this community to ask these questions. THANK YOU!

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events