Bug report: Attachments to underlying Epic when using Create from Navbar

Ljubomir Kolarski June 8, 2021

Issue appears when Creating an issue(bug) from an epic view using the "Create" button from the header navbar.

GIVEN visiting an epic
AND in the header navbar, the button "Create" is clicked
WHEN issue type is bug
AND attachments are attached to the new bug
THEN the attachments are also attached in the underlying epic

Steps to reproduce:
1. Visit an epic
2. Click "Create" from the navbar header, the create new issue module should not be prefilled with any of the data relating to the underlying epic.
3. Set issue type to bug, create description and start attaching files (copy paste of screenshots)
4. Set required fields as requested and submit the bug report.

Expected result:
The bug created from the "Create" navbar module should be the only issue containing the Attachments that were attached to it during task creation.

Actual results:
The underlying Epic, located beneath the Create issue modal (<div> element with id="create-issue-dialog") receives the same attachments as attached within the create issue modal - they are duplicated present in the new issue created, and at the same time attached to the underlying epic, that was visited and from which the navbar "Create" button was clicked

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 8, 2021

I am not entirely clear on what you are describing here (part of the problem is that you're saying "Epic under bug", which is not what the hierarchy is - Epics exist over stories and other issue types, acting as a way of grouping issues together).

I sounds to me what you are saying is this:  (I find paraphrasing can clarify when I am stuck)

• You have an Epic
  • You create a Bug, setting the Epic link to the existing Epic
  • When creating the Bug, you add attachments to it
  • When you go back to view the Epic, it has had the bug's attachments copied into its own attachment section

Is that right?  If so, can you take a close look at one of the duplicated attachments in the two issues - are the urls to view/download for each attachment different or the same?

Ljubomir Kolarski June 8, 2021

Hello,

It seems that I can not reproduce this issue in a new incognito browser tab, but what was happening was:

I used a bookmark to visit an epic "domain".atlassian.net/browse/PRO-3212

From there I used the Create button in the navbar, to open a modal for task creation, and when copy pasting screenshots into the description field of this modal for task creation, the screenshots were attached also to the epic that I have navigated to from my url.
This must have been an edge case and I can not find a way to reproduce it at the moment.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events