Bob Swift Create on Transition - Creating multiple issues based on Project Role

Jordan Packer December 9, 2019

I'm trying to create multiple issues on transition using the Bob Swift Create on Transition post-function... I have it working with a static list of users, but I want to change it to create multiple issues based on a list of users in a Project Role. According to this page (https://bobswift.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/CSOT/pages/36307066/Substitution+variables), I should be able to use the format of role_<role name> but I can't figure out how to get the format right because the name of the role is Product Manager. I figure the complication is coming from the space in the name, but I can't find anything in the documentation to suggest what should be done for those spaces. I've tried the following combinations to no avail:

• role_product_manager
  • role_Product_Manager
  • role_product-manager
  • role_"Product Manager"
  • role_#{Product Manager}

Any tips on how to make this work??

@Bob Swift _Appfire_ 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Deleted user December 10, 2019

Hi @Jordan Packer ,

We are from BobSwift support team.

Yes, role_<role name> is syntactically correct but while using the substitution variable, you need to specify %role_Product Manager% in the post function. Yes, it is a valid case to provide spaces to a role name, so create the role 'Product Manager' and then use %role_Product Manager% as shown in the below post function. With this, you can create multiple issues based on the list of users in a project role.

post-function.jpg

I hope it helps!!

Note: We have created a support request on behalf of you in our portal. Could you please try to access the support ticket: SUPPORT-3297 and signup to our portal for further discussion on this ticket. 

Thanks, Raja

Jordan Packer December 10, 2019

Of course, the one iteration I didn't try (and the most simple solution) is the one that works! I guess having the space in there just went against all my coding instincts so I never even tried it. Thanks so much for your help!

Deleted user December 10, 2019

Hi @Jordan Packer ,

We are glad that the solution is working for you.

If you still need any assistance on this issue, you may signup to our portal and access the support ticket: Support-3297.

We are happy to help you!!

Thank you, Raja

Suggest an answer