Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Bob Swift Create on Transition - Creating multiple issues based on Project Role

I'm trying to create multiple issues on transition using the Bob Swift Create on Transition post-function... I have it working with a static list of users, but I want to change it to create multiple issues based on a list of users in a Project Role. According to this page (https://bobswift.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/CSOT/pages/36307066/Substitution+variables), I should be able to use the format of role_<role name> but I can't figure out how to get the format right because the name of the role is Product Manager. I figure the complication is coming from the space in the name, but I can't find anything in the documentation to suggest what should be done for those spaces. I've tried the following combinations to no avail:

• role_product_manager
  • role_Product_Manager
  • role_product-manager
  • role_"Product Manager"
  • role_#{Product Manager}

Any tips on how to make this work??

@Bob Swift _Bob Swift Atlassian Apps_ 

1 answer

1 accepted

Hi @Jordan Packer ,

We are from BobSwift support team.

Yes, role_<role name> is syntactically correct but while using the substitution variable, you need to specify %role_Product Manager% in the post function. Yes, it is a valid case to provide spaces to a role name, so create the role 'Product Manager' and then use %role_Product Manager% as shown in the below post function. With this, you can create multiple issues based on the list of users in a project role.

post-function.jpg

I hope it helps!!

Note: We have created a support request on behalf of you in our portal. Could you please try to access the support ticket: SUPPORT-3297 and signup to our portal for further discussion on this ticket. 

Thanks, Raja

Of course, the one iteration I didn't try (and the most simple solution) is the one that works! I guess having the space in there just went against all my coding instincts so I never even tried it. Thanks so much for your help!

Hi @Jordan Packer ,

We are glad that the solution is working for you.

If you still need any assistance on this issue, you may signup to our portal and access the support ticket: Support-3297.

We are happy to help you!!

Thank you, Raja

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

How to create Jira issus from Excel file?

When to use CSV importer When managing your processes in Jira, there are many occasions where you need to create a lot of tasks. Creating them one by one will cost you a lot of time and effort and i...

4,534 views 22 32
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you