Board with projects from 2 different linked Jiras

Martin Ninaj June 23, 2021

How can I create board which contains issues from 2 projects from 2 different Jiras that are linked? 

We have 2 linked Jiras, users have issues in both of them, it would be nice to have one board which contains all issues from both jiras. Is that even possible? 

What are the options and possibilities?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2021

The application links are not a complete federation of two systems, so no, there's no way to do this directly.

A board relies on a vast amount of information from each and every issue returned from the board's search, and the search in Jira is local, it can only return issues from the Jira within which it is running.  So, no. 

Well, not directly.  If you got one of the apps that synchronises issues across instances, then you could duplicate projects across many Jiras, which means there would be a local copy of a project to work with, and you could include that in a board with other local projects.

Martin Ninaj June 23, 2021

Hi, 

thank you for the info! Do you have a recommendation for add-on that can synchronises issues across instances? 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2021

I've worked with, and liked, Backbone and Exalate for this sort of thing.  There are others in the marketplace too, but I've not used them, so I can't bring them up from memory.  Type "sync" into the marketplace search to see them, I think.

I've written my own stuff in Scriptrunner and I'm looking at Autoblocks too, but for only highly specific cross-Jira things, and I would strongly recommend apps designed for full sync over a DIY effort.  If nothing else, they've got easy-to-use UIs and built-in error handling, retries, reporting, etc (it's easy to write a simple sync, it's hard to write a reliable one that handles all the odd cases you might run into)

Like # people like this
2 votes
Jose Lobo (Solutions Architect at Exalate)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 28, 2021

Hey @Martin Ninaj ,

If you are willing to use an app. Here is an explanation of how you can do it with Exalate (the add-on I work for)

Let me know if this helps,

Jose 

Suggest an answer