Board not accessible pop up appearing even after filter is removed from private.

Amman Habib June 3, 2022

So I've noticed there is a bug in JIRA. When at first you assign a filter to a board which is private then obviously the board doesn't appear to other users but however if you remove it, it reappears but if you click again on the same board on the board's column it disappears and shows the message attachedScreen Shot 2022-06-03 at 8.04.08 pm.png. Jumping in between boards is fine but clicking the boards two time shows this message again. Plus it starts happening with every board in the project.

2 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 3, 2022

Hi Amman - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You should have a proper value in the Location field in the Board Settings. 

What type of project is this? And did you create a separate board for it or was the board created when the project was created? 

Amman Habib June 15, 2022

Hi, there is a proper value for the location the project is of type kanban and I created a separate board. If you look at other comments people are experiencing this bug.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 15, 2022

Is the project Jira Software, Jira Work Management, or Jira Service Management? 

And is it Team-managed or Company-managed? 

Amman Habib June 17, 2022

Hi it's Jira software and it's company managed.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 17, 2022

Can you provide a screenshot of the Board Settings > General tab?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 3, 2022

That's not a bug, it's asking you to correct a mis-configuration.

Nate Gallaher June 13, 2022

This is in fact a bug.  I can reproduce it.

If you have two correctly configured boards and you select one in the left column board selector (see picture), and then you search for the exact same board and click on it in the selector again, you get the pop up.  If you alternate between selecting one board and then the other, it will switch back and forth with no popup and no problem.

image.png

So in the example image above. If you select DevOps once (click), the board will load (assuming it's correctly configured).  Then search for and select DevOps again.  You will see the original poster's error message.

If instead, you selected "Cloud Team" and then selected "DevOps", the boards would both load correctly.

Like Nic Brough -Adaptavist- likes this
Amman Habib June 15, 2022

Yes exactly, I wanted to ask does the error comes after changing any filters, or is it there all along? I thought mine triggered this bug by changing the filter on a specific board which somehow caused the board unaccessible across all the boards even in jira dev which is really odd.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 15, 2022

@Nate Gallaher  Ah, now that is a bug.  But you didn't describe that before, so I had no option but to assume that the message is coming from a misconfigured board.  (Not sure why you'd want to be searching for the board you're already on, but it shouldn't be popping a misconfiguration error)

@Amman Habib no, it's nothing to do with filters, it's literally just re-reading the board you are already on and detecting a problem with it that actually is not there.

Like Amman Habib likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events