Board filter with multiple criteria

Charles Fisher July 8, 2019

I have a team with a different workflow for subtasks than for stories. They want a specific subtask issue type to show on the Kanban board until they are resolved, then go away right away. They want resolved stories to show for 15 days, then go away. I am trying to create a board filter that is something like this:

(fixVersion in unreleasedVersions() OR fixVersion is EMPTY) AND (resolution = EMPTY OR resolution in (Fixed, Done) AND resolutiondate > -15d) AND (issuetype = 'story defect' and resolution is not EMPTY)

When I try the above, Jira removes the parens around the last part. I've tried this a few times and I think I've twisted myself into a logic knot trying to figure this out....

Can I do this with straight JQL or do I need an add-on? Another option is to use a different 'done' status type and just not add it to a column on the board - but then the team can't drag and drop the issue to resolve it.

Options?

1 answer

0 votes
Ste
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 8, 2019

Hi @Charles Fisher 

I think a fix on the JQL should help - it looks like you're searching for:

• All issues without a FixVersion or a Version which is unreleased and...
  • All issues with no resolution or with a resolution from the last 15 days and...
  • Story Defects which aren't resolved

^ Changing the AND to OR before the last bracket opening should resolve the first part - this is because you're looking for an either / or - either unreleased, open stories or open sub-tasks.

You might also need to remove the 'Story Defect' from the first two-thirds of the query also if it could also be found through that search - a modified version might look like:

issuetype != 'story defect' and (fixVersion in unreleasedVersions() OR fixVersion is EMPTY) and (resolution is EMPTY or (resolution in (Fixed, Done) AND resolutiondate > -15d)) OR issuetype = 'story defect' and resolution is not EMPTY

^ I wrote this as an example you'll need to test / modify. If it doesn't work let me know and I can give it a go myself :)

Ste

Suggest an answer