Block to edit Due Date

Rodrigo August 11, 2022

I created some projects (Kanban), and i need to block edit Due Date by users.
Only edit by managers.

Users need to fill in the field on the task opening form, but should not edit it after opening it.

Can someone help me?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Rik de Valk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 11, 2022

Hi @Rodrigo ,

If you have ScriptRunner, you could set up a behavior for that. If not:

You will need to keep the Due date field on the Issue Create screen, but remove it from the Edit Issue screen. 

That prevents any user from editing the Due date field. 

Next you need to enable managers to edit the field. You can do this with the workflowin combination with a screen. 

First you create a simple screen with only the Due date on it. 

Then you edit the workflow and create a transition from Any status to Itself. This is a special transition that doesn't actually change the status. You associate your new screen to it. And then you set a condition that checks if the user is part of the manager role.

Hope that makes sense!

Rodrigo August 11, 2022

It's works. Thanks!

Like Rik de Valk likes this
Sinisa Glusac January 18, 2023

Hi @Rik de Valk , I have similar issue here, I want to protect DueDate field from editing. The field should be visible on Create Issue Screen, but it shouldn't be available for editing once the ticket is created. For my case, no one should be able to edit DueDate after ticket is created.

Could you, please, help me and be more specific on how to do it here:

You will need to keep the Due date field on the Issue Create screen, but remove it from the Edit Issue screen. 

because I cannot find Edit issue screen. Thank you in advance. 

Sinisa Glusac January 23, 2023

Please ignore, I found it and it's done now. Thank you for suggestion. 

Jay Brown March 2, 2023

@Rik de Valk how would it be possible to script runner? 

Also in my situation, I would would like the be able to create a task with no due date, assign it to the developer and only restrict changing the due date after it has been set by the developer

0 votes
Ram Kumar April 28, 2023

Hi @Rik de Valk - We are using Team based project, when we use Script Runner Behaviour and under projects it shows only Company Based Project. It won't support for Team based project?

Also @Sinisa Glusac if you can share the idea which made it work, will be much helpful. Thanks.

Suggest an answer