Block ranking issues for number of projec

Roee Fogel May 17, 2023

I have several projects that I manage at the same time and I want to block the rating option through the BORD so that only a few users can perform the rating of the EPIC rule through the PLAN, I tried to block the option with permissions by Scheduling an issue but this created a problem for me that the users cannot edit the sprints, on the other hand, I can't go through the entire board and block from there because I have a very large amount and anyone who opens a new board for himself will be able to move the ranking from there.

Is there another option to block or separate RANK and EPIC editing?

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2023

Hi @Roee Fogel  - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

The permission to rank issues is based on the Schedule Issue permission in the permission scheme. So, just change the scheme to limit who has that permission. 

Roee Fogel May 17, 2023

Hi, tnx for the answer.

I tried this, but as I wrote in the question itself, it blocked all users from changing the sprints, I only want to block the ranking option

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2023

That's the only thing that is available - you won't be able to selective give permissions for ranking apart from that. 

Like Roee Fogel likes this
Roee Fogel May 17, 2023

And there is no other way in the system that a user can perform rank without blocking the possibility of changing sprint?

Why should there be a connection between rank and sprint?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 17, 2023

No idea - that's just how they set it up. But why would you allow some users to change sprints that don't have permission to rank issues? 

Roee Fogel May 17, 2023

Because I want to determine for them the degree of importance of the work in PI but not to determine the SPRINT for them

Like John Funk likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events