Bitbucket I am unable to delete a project

Deleted user September 1, 2022

I am writing a verification test protocol for bitbucket. My test protocol requires that all user access groups in a new repository need to be deleted. This should not be a problem since the user deleting the groups is also listed individually and under Administrators in the group access list. So, all that works, and I can complete that portion of the test. However, tearing down the setup will not delete the project.

Outside of the test scenario, I can navigate to the project and request removal. It displays the popup to confirm, but when I press the confirm button it just sits there and does nothing. I can change the name of the project but not delete it. 

The general order of operations is to delete the repository first then the project. 

1 answer

0 votes
Ben
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 1, 2022

G'day!

I can see that you are associated with a couple of paid Premium Bitbucket Cloud workspaces

Can you please clarify if you are referring to a Bitbucket Cloud workspace project that is failing to delete? If this is the case, I will be able to assist as I am from the Bitbucket Cloud support team.

Cheers!

- Ben (Bitbucket Cloud Support)

Deleted user September 2, 2022

Hi Ben,

Yes, that is the case. Here is our full URL

https://bitbucket.org/bitbucket_validation/verification_repo_ksullivan/src/master/

Where the workspace is, as you know bitbucket_validation and the repository is verification_repo_sullivan.  

The project name is Bitbucket_testing_ksullivan. A few more additional bits of information. I was able to modify the name of the project. However, when I attempt to delete the project I am actually getting a 403 error "Unauthorized Access". I found a reference in the workspace for the repository in one of the user group access. I deleted that reference. I have found that I am unable to create a repository with the same name in the existing workspace. 

Thanks -Kevin

Ben
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 13, 2022

Hi Kevin,

Apologies for the delayed response - I have checked and can confirm that you should have the correct access. 

Are you able to ask another workspace administrator to see if they can delete it from their end?

If not, I will need to lodge a support ticket and delete this manually from my end - or investigate further as to why it can't be deleted. Our system requires a ticket to be present before we can investigate workspaces.

Cheers!

- Ben (Bitbucket Cloud Support)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events