BigPicture - Organize Box by version or group of epics

shall August 11, 2022

Jira Software allows you to create "Release versions" and associate tasks/stories/etc with those versions through the "Affects versions" or "Fix versions" fields. I cannot seem to find these fields any where in Big Picture. Is it possible to use them at all?

I was hoping to organize epics or issues into Hybrid Stages using the assigned version.

At the moment I can assign a single Epic Link, but some versions contain multiple Epics so this doesn't quite work for us.

I have tried going to Project Configuration-> Tasks -> Scope Definition -> Timeboxes, and using the Epic Link Jira Field, but I can only assign one value. The Affects version field does not appear in the drop down.

Any advice is appreciated

2 answers

0 votes
Deleted user August 11, 2022

@Katarzyna_SoftwarePlant I'm calling on the person more experienced than me, maybe I didn't quite understand what you want to do @shall 

0 votes
shall August 11, 2022

Hello and thanks for your reply.

I don't think that helps me because I want to use the Jira Software Release field, which is a Jira field, not the big picture release number.

Like Deleted user likes this

this field ?

Schermata 2022-08-11 alle 20.52.10.png

Like shall likes this

Schermata 2022-08-11 alle 20.52.10.pngSchermata 2022-08-11 alle 20.55.01.pngSchermata 2022-08-11 alle 20.55.13.pngSchermata 2022-08-11 alle 20.55.30.pngSchermata 2022-08-11 alle 20.55.44.png

you can't do this?

shall August 11, 2022

Hi,

Changing the task structure did allow me to group epics by version, which is partially helpful, but this is only visible in the Gantt view and doesn't help me organize my Hybrid Stages unfortunately. Thanks for the tip though.

I am not able to display the Fix Version column like you have, but perhaps that's because I'm not using iterations? I'm using Hybrid Projects and Hybrid Stages. I have tried going to the home overview page and selecting the gear to change which columns appear and "Fix Version" or any other field for "Version" is not available.

shall August 16, 2022

I'm not entirely sure what's changed, but today I was able to find "Fix version" and "Affects Version" in the column settings. I think a few other Jira fields are now available as well.

I still can't select this to set up my timeboxes however, aka here:

Capture.PNG

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events