BigPicture Enterprise Extension Pricing

Joel Thomas
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 17, 2020

Dear BigPicture Team,

We are currently reviewing BigPicture App and BigPicture Enterprise Extension for use in our organisation (to be hosted on our server). We have a Jira Software License for 50 Users and therefore understand that we would require a matching BigPicture App User License of 50 users as per your pricing policy in the link below:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1212259/bigpicture-project-management-ppm?hosting=server&tab=pricing

However, we are confused regarding the pricing policy for BigPicture Enterprise Extension. For example, if we only require 10 users to utilize the extra features that come with BigPicture Enterprise Extension, can we purchase the 10-user license? Or do we need to purchase a matching 50-user license?

Even though the pricing policy for BigPicture Enterprise Extension is mentioned in the link below, you do not mention it as an extension but instead as an app. So it seems like a pricing policy for an App instead of an Extension hence the confusion. Please clarify by answering the above question at the earliest.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1215158/bigpicture-enterprise?hosting=server&tab=pricing

Thanks & Regards,

Joel Thomas

Business Analyst, Customer Support Department

Navcon Advanced Systems

PO Box 114925, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates

E: j.thomas@navcon.ae | T: +971 3767 4991 | M: +971 50 1213361

2 answers

0 votes
Patryk-SoftwarePlant
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 18, 2020

Hi Joel,

Please note that Apps are billed based on the number of users in your Atlassian product. The app tier should match the maximum tier of the licensed Jira products on your instance. Due to Atlassian technical pre-requisites, any Jira plugin must match the user tier of the Jira instance to which it is applied. This applies to both Cloud- and server-hosted instances. This situation affects all vendors of Jira plugins. For example, if you have a 50-user tier Jira instance, you must apply for a 50-user tier plugin license. I hope I managed to dispel your doubts here.

Cheers,

Patryk

Scott Hassell May 29, 2020

A follow up question.  BigPicture Enterprise requires BigPicture must be installed.   On our billing statement, it shows BigPicture Enterprise is the same price as BigPicture so we so basically instead of $98 per month we would be billed $190 if BigPicture Enterprise is installed. Is that correct?

Gabriel Wielkopolski
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 3, 2020

Hi Scott!

You are correct, BigPicture Enterprise is an extension to BigPicture, and it's the same price. 

Let me know if you'd have any more questions related to licensing or the product, I'll gladly help you out. You can also reach me under gabriel.wielkopolski@softwareplant.com 

0 votes
Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 18, 2020

Every addon needs the same user license as your jira instance.

Even if you have 2000 jira users and only 10 will use the addon. the addon license must be a 2000 license.

https://www.atlassian.com/licensing/marketplace#licensing-purchasing

Suggest an answer