Big Picture Multiple Custom Sorting

D. Ng April 14, 2022

Problem: I'm trying to organized my Big Picture task by multiple criteria: 1) Project Number 2) Status 3) Start Date. I'm aware you can organize task by a single field but I'm trying to figure out how to set up with multiple fields. I'm pretty new to Big Picture but I've tried looking into the "Task Structures" and wasn't too intuitive for me to follow how that would impact what I'm trying to do. 

Big Picture Header.PNG

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 15, 2022

Hi @D. Ng

In BigPicture, Task Structure can be organized based on build-in task attributes (e.g., Epic link, Component, Version, Sprint) and links only. Please let me know what aspects of creating Tasks Structure are unclear, and I'd be happy to provide you with an answer. 

You can use the multi-level grouping option to organize your tasks. In multi-level grouping, tasks will be counted in each group. The group structure will be based on the active grouping elements, and the order of grouping elements (fields) determines the group hierarchy. Here you can find more information. 
BigPicture-BigPicture-demo+-+2020-09-01T213851.997.png
Keith Lanier March 31, 2023

Hi @Anna-BigPicture - once I have sorted the issues the way I want them, is there a way to save the sorting in a column view so that others that view the scope/gantt views see the same order of issues in the hierarchy that I sorted or moved?

Suggest an answer