Best way to give access to your service desk project to customers of your current software platform

Melissa March 6, 2019

So I am looking to connect our service desk project into our current software project for our clients. They have their own credentials already within our system and we'd like to limit the need for them to create another credential, however we do not want to make our service desk public. Are there any recommended ways to achieve this? Or third party apps in the market-place? Is there a way we can pass an authentication token when pushing out to the service desk?

Goals: 

- Allow current customers to access a private service desk without setting up additional credentials.

1 answer

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2019
Melissa March 7, 2019

Thanks for the quick response. Can this be set up just for the free customer access points for the Jira Service Desk? They would not be set up as atlassian users.

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 7, 2019

I believe that it can be setup for all users, even customers

Melissa March 19, 2019

HI Alexey - It looks like the SSO will only work for licensed users. Since the service desk customers are on a license, I don't think this solution works. 

Jon Espen Ingvaldsen Kantega SSO
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 19, 2019

Hi @Melissa 

If you use Jira Server or Datacenter, you will be able to give both agents and customers (unlicensed users) SSO through marketplace apps. We have several customers using our app, Kantega SSO, for Jira Service Desk, where both agents and customers benefit of SSO for authentication. 

Jira Service Desk in Cloud is different. Here I believe only agents (licensed users) will be able to benefit of SSO.

Regards,
Jon Espen
Kantega SSO

Suggest an answer