Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Behaviour Script Runner help with regards to issue linking

Hi ,

Could you provide your valuable suggestion over below requirement.

I want below requirement to be executed on transition.

If the External Ticket ID field contains the word TEST (can be queried with "TEST*") it should ask for at least 1 linked issue of type  Is Tested by linked to an Issue Type Test (Zephyr)

if this is possible using using Behaviour script

Regards

Supriya

2 answers

Hi Supriya 

what i would recommend for you to go with is a validator . That way the issue won't be transitioned , if the link is not available .

If you are talking about behavior that means you have script runner add-on on your instance .

you could write a simple scripted validator which validate the custom field value for the given value and henceforth allow the transition .

Note : It is a recommendation there may be different ways to it .

0 votes
Daniel Ebers Community Leader Jul 19, 2021

Hi @Supriya_Mandale

agreeing with what Mohammed said I would recommend you to check documentation on the "Simple Scripted Validator" as outlined here:

https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/6.20.0/jira/recipes/workflow/validators/simple-scripted-validators.html#_checking_linked_issues

Basically you would need start to explore how to additionally bring the check for the "External Ticket ID" in. Then you should be able to copy the part for checking the link from documentation.

The code is therefore not 100% ready yet to use in your environment but with a bit of adaption and try-and-error I believe you can cover a good portion of the requirement.

Regards,
Daniel

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

👁‍🗨 Confluence Team planning dashboard_Atlympics 🌈

Hi Atlassian's, How is your journey with #Atlympics 2021 so far....excited! Me too, same excitement. Here's my typical team planning and vision dashboard which I used to share to my management and ...

36 views 1 3
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you