Backlog Beta- Deleted "Done"

Chris Chaney
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 12, 2018

When I change issues to "Done" in backlog, they don't go to "Done" on any board (if they weren't assigned to a sprint), they just get deleted? I'd like them to still exist somewhere?

1 answer

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 12, 2018

Hello,

They are still in Jira. You can write a JQL query like this:

project = "your project" and resolution is not empty and sprint is empty

You will see the issues.

Chris Chaney
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 12, 2018

Thanks Alexey. Our team would really like to just SEE "done" stories in the backlog without having to move them into a sprint. Maybe down the road it'll be there; in the meantime we'll just have to be careful with it.

Martin Varga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 4, 2018

@Chris Chaney The backlog shows only work that needs to be completed, therefore backlog doesn't show "Done" issues. When you change the status to Done, the issue will disappear from backlog. As Alexey said, you can still find them in search, but they won't appear back on the backlog unless you change their status again.

But your use case is interesting. Could you explain how your team uses the backlog? Why would you like to see Done issues in the backlog?

Suggest an answer