Background color change to business projects are not retained

Aaron Cox May 21, 2022

I have a business project in a Jira Cloud instance that will not retain the color change. I am an admin in the tenant, and the project. I have been able to assign background colors to other projects without issue but for some reason this project allows me to change the color and retains the change while I am on the page. Then if I leave the project and come back it reverts to the standard white background. I have tried every color option and it still reverts back to the white after I browse away and come back. 

1 answer

1 vote
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 21, 2022

Hi @Aaron Cox , I just tested this, but the color is retained, even after logging out or closing the browser.

Which browser are you using? Have you tried with another browser yet?

Aaron Cox May 21, 2022

I've tried Safari, Chrome, and Edge on two different laptops, one windows and one mac. Still having the issues. I have many other projects where this is not an issue, it just seems to be this one. 

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 21, 2022

Ow, interesting, so you're only having the issue with one project, strange. In case you don't get it fixed or if no one else has another suggestion, don't hesitate to submit a support request with Atlassian

Maciej Bozik May 30, 2022

The same issue there.

Background changes, and then when I go to project settings and get back to project board it is again white.

I figured there is some error in console when applying color change:

image.png

Daniel Dolinov June 16, 2022

Same problem here.  Except that for me this problem exists on all of my Jira Cloud business projects.

Beatrice Glienke July 7, 2022

me, too

also for my BP color changes back to white

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders