Automation

Ayush Lawania April 10, 2023

I have a custom number field in my project, and I want to automate in such a way that, whenever I enter the value in that custom number field in stories, it should sum up those values in original estimate.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 10, 2023

Yeah but that is for time tracking field, but i have a custom field called "approx estimate required", so I want to automate in such a way that whenever i enter value in my custom field it should calculate the sum in original estimate field 

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 10, 2023

So replace the "Story Point" field with your custom field.

I tried but it not working 

tmp_34278d8d-f05a-4b86-bd90-aefbc87e8ddd.png

This is the rule which i am using 

Audit log shows success but it doesn't change any value in original estimate field 

Community Leader
Community Leader
April 10, 2023

Try like this:

ruleeeee.png

If you place a number on a number field, then if you divide it by 60, you might get a number close to 0. Thus original estimate would be zero. It's always good to add a log to know what value your smart value will return.

Ok, its working now, but it shows value in minutes not hours, is there a way to segregate in such a way that i can get value in hours, minutes and seconds 

Community Leader
Community Leader
April 10, 2023

If you have set your default time tracking unit to be minutes:

default unit.png

Then the value you must enter on the original estimate should be in minutes. If that value exceeds e.g. 60, then it will automatically change to "1h". Seconds are not supported in time tracking.

Thanks 👍

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events