Automation

Eran Roiter November 30, 2022

Hey every one :) 

I created an Automation that every time a sub-task of a certain kind opens up, I want another sub-task to open up automatically.

I'm getting this error :

Parent issue ID: '26143' / Key: '' can not be sub-task. (issuetype), Issues with this Issue Type must be created in the same project as the parent. (project)

Anyone have any idea what i can do about it :) ? 

Thanks ! 

1 answer

2 votes
Valerie Knapp
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2022

Hi @Eran Roiter , thanks for your question.

Basically, the Sub-task that you are creating has to have a parent specified. For this, you need to use a branch. Here is what I did -

image.png

The trigger is the creation of the issue. You can specify a condition for issue type.

Then, you need a branch to say, on the creation of the Sub-task, go and check where it was created, as in within which issue, and add another Sub-task in the same location. That is to say, to have the same parent, as Sub-tasks cannot exist as independent issues.

Here is what the branch looks like. You need to choose here Branch rule / related issues and then choose the option, "Parent" from the list -

image.png

image.png

Please can you try to implement this solution and let me know if it works for you?

Cheers!

Eran Roiter December 4, 2022

Hey there :)

It does work, but there are 2 problems: 
1. I need it to stop after 1 issue is created.
2. I have other parallel sub-tasks for which need to perform the same operation, and if I try to create a restriction after creating 1 sub it does not respond to the creation of a parallel sub-task.

Thanks a lot !

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events