Automation

Patrick Sumariva Voltolini March 1, 2021

Good morning,

I need to integrate Jira with another platform that we use for CS.

However, in order to link Jira to a client, it is necessary that a property has an internal code for the client.

Does Jira have any kind of automation to read a text property (client) and register an equivalent code in some other property?

This process should look at all the tickets already registered and also the next ones that will be opened.

If you have any other suggestions, I'm open too.

I appreciate the colaboration of everyone.

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 1, 2021

Hi @Patrick Sumariva Voltolini ,

I do think you could throw something together with the (new) cloud automation.

That client is that something that is manually registered in a custom field? If so you could just run a JQL in your automation (If block) and do a edit issue action to set a different custom field.

Hello @Dirk Ronsmans
thank you for your willingness to help!

This "Customer" field is a customized field, from which a ticket for a specific customer is cast, yes it is filled in manually.

Captura de tela 2021-03-01 142436.png

(Sorry, my platform is in portuguese)

In this case, I would create a new field, so that when a new ticket is inserted in Jira, it reads the "customer" and inserts in this new customized field the "customer ID".

Is this cloud automation a module to be purchased separately or is it already available?

This action should launch both for new tickets, and for insertion in tickets that are already in the database.

Like Filipi Lima likes this
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 1, 2021

Hey @Patrick Sumariva Voltolini ,

As you are on Cloud, this is an included module. There used to be an older Automation but this was replaced some time ago with the new Automation (which was acquired through codebarrel).

When you go in to your project settings you should see an Automation menu item. If you click this one open you'll see 2 choices

• Legacy Automation
  • Automation

https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/features/automation

The Legacy one is the old one, that's still there since a lot of customers rely on it and need time to move their rules over.

For the rule itself I'm wondering about the trigger. You mention it needs to fire for old and new issues.

The old issues requirement I'm guessing that is to fix the current situation but will be a one off? If so we could duplicate the rule that will fire for the new ones but change the trigger to a scheduled one or you could do a manual interaction through a bulk edit.

For the new issues there we need to know when the field (client) will be filled. Will the client do this "at creation" or is this something the Agent will do during initial classification?  Then we might need to use a trigger that check on an issue update when this field is changed.

Could you get me some feedback about those and I'll see if I can make a small example rule.

Patrick Sumariva Voltolini March 22, 2021

@Dirk Ronsmans Hello!

Thanks for all the support, it really worked! It saved me a lot of manual work and I was also able to leave it automatically for all new tickets. I am still looking at how to apply a historical basis, but soon I will find a way.

Thank you again, best regards (:

0 votes
Danyal Iqbal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 1, 2021

No, jira does not have this ability.

Thanks, @Danyal Iqbal 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events