Automation to take the priority field for created issue from trigger issue

Retail Italia Amministratore December 11, 2020

When I create a task within an epic, it does not automatically take priority even though I have set this rule. Why? It only changes the priority field if I change the priority field in the epic.

Regola priority task e epic.PNG

The same thing applies to the creation of subtasks.

Regola priority subtask e task.PNG

Furthermore, when the task priority is changed automatically (following the change of priority in the epic), I hoped that the subtasks would also be changed automatically, but this does not work. As if it didn't recognise the change in the task.

Thank you very much

Silvia

2 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 11, 2020

Hi @Retail Italia Amministratore  - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

If I understand you correctly, you are expecting the rule to copy the priority from the Epic to a a Task when you create the task from the Epic. 

However, this rule only fires when the Priority changes, not when a new issue is created.

You should change the initial trigger from when the value changes to when an issue is created. Or maybe you just need to create a new rule in addition to this one if you still want to update the priority of the children when the Epic changes. 

0 votes
Retail Italia Amministratore December 11, 2020

Regola priority task e epic.PNG

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders