Automation to start comment but not to post it

Michail Kotantakis March 21, 2023

Hello team

I amtrying to setup an automation that upon a selection from a drop down cutom field, it would start a new comment with a predefined text, but not post the comment, just start the comment with the predefined text pasted there, so the user can evaluate if any adjustment is required before posting it.

Any suggstions or help on this?

Regards

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 21, 2023

You cannot do this with automation, it cannot pre-populate the comment without posting it. You would need an app like Behaviours, Dynamic Forms, or Power Scripts in order to do it.

Hi @Mikael Sandberg 
thank you very much for your input
i see that i need other tools for such kind of "automation/scripting"

Is there an example that i could have a look with similar behaviour maybe?

Regards

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 21, 2023

I know Adaptavist has a script library that you could check out, https://library.adaptavist.com/?_ga=2.16033461.2020747712.1679415481-2123515169.1679415481

@Mikael Sandberg 

Thank you very much fro this
I appreciate, i will have a look and see how can i use some things to apply to mine or come with new ideas.

Best Regards

Like Mikael Sandberg likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events