Automation to move issues to backlog

yuliia.soury June 17, 2021

Hello!

I want to build an automation in "Next Gen":

At the end of the sprint move all the issues with a certain field filled in to backlog. And the rest of the issues move to the next sprint.

When building an automation, I couldn't find the action to move issues to backlog, I only see the transition between the statuses in the workflow. Does the action exist?

Thank you in advance!

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 17, 2021

Hello @yuliia.soury 

Currently it is not possible to use automation to move issues between the board and the backlog in Team Managed projects. Refer to this issue:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-21481

@Jack Brickey In Team Managed projects, Backlog vs. Board is not based on the Issue Status.

yuliia.soury June 17, 2021

Thank you for your answer!

Is it possible to use an automation to move issues between the board and the backlog in the Company Managed projects ("Classic")?

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 17, 2021

In a Company project being displayed in the Backlog list on the Backlog screen is about the status of the Sprints that the issue has been added to.

In a Company Managed project, an issue appears "on the board" (the Board view where there are columns of issues) when it is within an Active Sprint. If it is in a Sprint that has not yet been started, then it shows in the Backlog screen in that Sprint. If it is in a Completed Sprint but is not yet in a "done" status, and is not also in an Active or Not Started Sprint, then it will show in the Backlog list on the Backlog screen.

There is some Automation available to assess and manipulate the Sprint value for issues. However, I don't think you can set a trigger that would activate when you use the Complete Sprint action, and divide the incomplete issues automatically between the backlog and the next sprint. The trigger would activate after the sprint is actually closed and the issues have already been moved by the selection you make during sprint closure.

Like # people like this
0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 17, 2021

Disclaimer I have not tried this in TMP.

your backlog is defined by a status so I think that you would simply change the status of all incomplete issues to your backlog status. To differentiate those moved into the next sprint versus simply the backlog you would just want to set the sprint field for those that should be in the next Sprint. The challenge or rather question I have is how you determine the next sprint so you can actually set it in the sprint field.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events