Automation setting incorrect sprint with parallel sprints

Pete Hall September 25, 2020

Hello,

My team is using parallel sprints and I have an automation component that will edit the sprint field during a status transition effectively moving it from one of the active sprints to the other. 

The trouble is that while I have it set to edit the sprint field with the desired sprint's active board, it just sets it to the active sprint for the parallel sprint. Even if it is in a future parallel sprint (not active) it will set it to the active parallel sprint if this transition is triggered.

The scenario specifically takes items that are submitted to QA and moves them to the QA's sprint which runs in parallel. This automation works flawlessly. However in the event that a QA Engineer fails something I'm trying to set it to go back to the active developer sprint. This is not happening. It simply remains in the active QA sprint or, as I mentioned, if it is in a future sprint or the backlog, it moves it to the active QA sprint.

Thank you.

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 25, 2020

Hi @Pete Hall 

I am unclear what problem you are trying to solve by using two "sprints" (one for dev and one for QA)... Rather than moving work between two parts of one team spread across sprints, have you considered:

• Have one Scrum team, with one sprint, with all the people contributing to the work based on their skills (dev, QA, etc.) to complete the valuable items, or...
  • Use a Kanban board to span the work of multiple sub-teams (dev and QA), which have dependencies to complete the full workflow.

Best regards,

Bill

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events