Automation sending emails to me but not others from the query

Ed Hunnell April 20, 2023

I am trying to setup a simple automation that runs every night. The query produces a list of all Jiras that are past their due date or have not been touched in the last 7 days (screen shot below only shows part of the result of this query). The automation running every night seems to works as well as triggering it manually. And the query works.

The output/action of the automation is to send an email to each assignee with one of these tickets. The issue is that I have one ticket assigned to me that is late. There are 9 other jiras in this query that are also late. And I get an email from this automation. But no one else gets an email. When I look in the logs, I see the email to me but no attempt to send emails to anyone else who owns one of the jiras in the query results. Here are some pictures with some data redacted.

Why am I the only one getting this email? Thanks for your help.

Ed

Jira Automation.pngjira query results.pngAudit log results.png

Ed Hunnell

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 20, 2023

Hello @Ed Hunnell 

Welcome to the Atlassian community!

With a Scheduled trigger if you add a JQL to the trigger itself to select the issues, then all the actions that follow will be executed for each issue retrieved. (1)

I think if you simply take the JQL from your Condition and put it in the Trigger, and also remove the Condition step, then you should get emails sent to each assignee for their respective issues.

You'll have to determine in your scenario if checkbox (2) should be checked or unchecked.

Screen Shot 2023-04-20 at 11.38.03 AM.png

If you have a Scheduled rule that does not use a JQL in the trigger, then the steps in it will execute as only once unless you using branch. Using a Condition with JQL does not cause a branch of loop over all the issues. You would instead need to use For Branch / Related Issues / JQL. And then have the Send Email action inside the branch.

Screen Shot 2023-04-20 at 11.42.27 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-04-20 at 11.42.52 AM.png

Ed Hunnell April 20, 2023

This was not the most intuitive (deleting my condition and putting the jql on the schedule page). But I implemented your first solution and it worked. Thank you very much.

Ed

Like Trudy Claspill likes this

Suggest an answer