Automation rules not sending email to specific group

Sarah Noor August 17, 2022

I have added an automation rule that is configured to send and email to a jira users group within my organization whenever a specific field value is updated. I have tried to make it work with single email as well as group but it won't send emails in any case. What can be the issue here?

Web capture_17-8-2022_19043_webnetworks.atlassian.net.jpeg

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 17, 2022

Hi @Sarah Noor and welcome to the community,

Can you please share an image of your audit log? Is your rule successful or not? Does your rule get triggered or not?

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 17, 2022

I tried your rule and it worked perfectly. The only difference I see, is the "product" you have on your send email. Is that a role?

success rule.png

Sarah Noor August 18, 2022

@Alex Koxaras _Relational_ my rule does not get triggered hence no audit log.

"Product" is a group that i have created. Are you sending to a specific email or the initiator who performed the action?

@Alex Koxaras _Relational_  are there any specific email settings that you have set up for the project or the organization in jira ?

Community Leader
Community Leader
August 18, 2022

@Sarah Noor if your rule doesn't get triggered, then that's your problem. Your trigger is "when value change" for the Release Date field.

• Kindly check that all issue operations are included in the trigger
  • You have selected the correct field (check if you have multiple fields with the same name)
  • Check that the rule applies to the specific project
Like Sarah Noor likes this

So turned out that the field was edited(just the name change) and it wasn't being reflected properly on the automation page for fields dropdown. This seems to be an issue on Jira's end for which i am going to open another ticket.

For now, i deleted the field and added it again and updated the rule with new field and it worked.

Thanks for the help all.

Like # people like this
0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 17, 2022

Hi Sarah - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Can you share the details of the Send Email step? 

Also, can you share the Audit Log? 

There is not audit log since the rule never got triggered. 

Here are the details, i am trying to send email to a group named 'product'. Also tried with a single specific email and that did not work either.

Screenshot 2022-08-18 132758.png

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 18, 2022

Since it didn't get triggered, check the Rule Details page and check the box that says "Allow rule trigger". Then save and publish and give it another whirl. 

Like Sarah Noor likes this
0 votes
Samuel Gatica _ServiceRocket_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2022

Hi  @Sarah Noor 

Can you please share with us the log errors from the rule?

Regards

Sam

there are no errors as the rule is not triggered. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events