Automation rules do not trigger when Ticket is created by automation.

Christopher Atkinson June 15, 2022

I am using JSM as a way for engineers to log support requests without having to work out the correct team.   We have automation working where the JSM ticket is created and then it will create another ticket in the correct backlog and close the original JSM ticket.   

The last step which is not working  - We would like to email the reporter to let them know that a ticket has been raised in the correct backlog.  

My issue seems to be that the rule to email the reporter is not being triggered.Screenshot 2022-06-15 at 12.02.43.png

I've tried all kinds of different triggers... so maybe there's a difference if the ticket is created automatically??

I can run it manually or use the create ticket option within the project and the rule runs.... just not when a ticket is automatically created

2 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 15, 2022

Hi Christopher,

Easy fix here: by default automation rules can not be triggered by other automation rules.

Open your rule and go to the rule details. You will see a checkbox Check to allow other rule actions to trigger this rule. Only enable this if you need this rule to execute in response to another rule. You need to enable this option.

2022-06-15 13_22_41-Automation - Jira.png

Christopher Atkinson June 15, 2022

Thank you so much!!! Worked straight away!

Like Charlie Misonne likes this
Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 15, 2022

glad I could help!

Wenjia Tang January 31, 2024

Thank you so much Charlie!

A couple of my automation rules weren't working for a long time and I finally fixed them with your instructions - really appreciate it 🙏

Like # people like this
Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 6, 2024

Glad my answer is still useful today :-)

You're welcome!

Like Wenjia Tang likes this
0 votes
Sussi Åström January 2, 2023

Happy New Year @Christopher Atkinson

Could you share how you got the JSM ticket creation to create another jira ticket? I have created an automation which works, when I as admin create the ticket, but then when the customer creates a ticket, the automation does not create the jira ticket. I can't figure out where the issue is, so all ideas are highly appreciated.

Näyttökuva 2023-01-03 093635.png

Thanks inadvance for all help.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events