Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Automation rules do not trigger when Ticket is created by automation.

I am using JSM as a way for engineers to log support requests without having to work out the correct team.   We have automation working where the JSM ticket is created and then it will create another ticket in the correct backlog and close the original JSM ticket.   

The last step which is not working  - We would like to email the reporter to let them know that a ticket has been raised in the correct backlog.  

My issue seems to be that the rule to email the reporter is not being triggered.Screenshot 2022-06-15 at 12.02.43.png

I've tried all kinds of different triggers... so maybe there's a difference if the ticket is created automatically??

I can run it manually or use the create ticket option within the project and the rule runs.... just not when a ticket is automatically created

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Charlie Misonne Community Leader Jun 15, 2022

Hi Christopher,

Easy fix here: by default automation rules can not be triggered by other automation rules.

Open your rule and go to the rule details. You will see a checkbox Check to allow other rule actions to trigger this rule. Only enable this if you need this rule to execute in response to another rule. You need to enable this option.

2022-06-15 13_22_41-Automation - Jira.png

Thank you so much!!! Worked straight away!

Like Charlie Misonne likes this
Charlie Misonne Community Leader Jun 15, 2022

glad I could help!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

Upcoming changes to epic fields in company-managed projects

👋 Hi there Jira Community! A few months ago we shared with you plans around renaming epics in your company-managed projects. As part of these changes, we highlighted upcoming changes to epics on...

14,769 views 37 47
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you