Automation rules: How to get the name of the last created release

Maria Chrysanthopoulou December 3, 2021

Hi,

I have created a rule where whenever I start a sprint, a release is also created based on the name of the sprint. This works well.

Then, I want to change the fix version for all issues in the sprint and assign them to the release I just created. The options I get when creating the rule are "Next unreleased version", "Last release version" or a hardcoded value. 

The "Next unreleased version" option could work but the thing is that often more than one versions could be unreleased in parallel.  I tried using a smartvalue {{release.last.name}} but it's probably not correct and it did not work.

Any ideas?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2021

Hi @Maria Chrysanthopoulou -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You are probably using some smart value expression to create the new version, such as:

• Release for {{sprint.name}}

Whatever value you are using to create the version, try first setting it to a created variable and then use that value to set the fixVersion.

Kind regards,
Bill

Maria Chrysanthopoulou December 3, 2021

Hi @Bill Sheboy

That did the trick. Thanks a lot!

Like Bill Sheboy likes this

Suggest an answer