Automation rule for transition "Issue commented" triggers during transition with comment screen

Dave Kleihorst May 21, 2021

Automation rule is setup as follows:

Trigger: Issue commented
Issue field configuration: Status in ("Waiting for customer", "waiting for external party")
Action: Transition from "Waiting for customer" to "To Do"

In my setup I've used a simple "Comment" screen during transition from "To Do" --> "Waiting for customer". When I use the transition from "To Do" to "Waiting for customer" and I add a comment during this transition, the issue immediately goes back to "To Do".

How can I prevent this behaviour? I've looked into te post-function of the transition to switch the order of the following two, but you cannot change that.

1. Set issue status to the linked status of the destination workflow step.
  2. Move up Move down Edit DeleteAdd a comment to an issue if one is entered during a transition.

Could someone help me out?

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Adam Rypel _MoroSystems_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 21, 2021

Hello @Dave Kleihorst ,

So when the customer comments on the issue, you need it to go back to "To Do", is that correct?

Just to make sure - do you need that for Jira Software project or Jira Service Management?

Thanks,
Adam

Hi @Adam Rypel _MoroSystems_ , 

That's correct. Unfortunately I'm not able to do a check of the commenter is a "Customer", because in this environment people can be "Service Team Member" and Customer (not ideal, I know). 

It's indeed JSM.

Like Pedro Silva likes this
Adam Rypel _MoroSystems_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 21, 2021

Hello @Dave Kleihorst ,

I understand, thanks for the details.

One option that came to my mind how you could adjust the automation:

• Add condition User who triggered the event is Reporter
    • If user can be also an assignee, then add condition User who triggered the event is not an Assignee

Would that be applicable?

Adam

Like # people like this

Thanks @Adam Rypel _MoroSystems_ ,

I've used "not in project role" that helped! Reporter was a good suggestion, but I would like to have it reopened as well when another Organization-colleague of the reporter comments.

Thanks for helping me find the solution!

Like # people like this
Adam Rypel _MoroSystems_
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 24, 2021

@Dave Kleihorst glad you sorted it out!

Like Pedro Silva likes this

Suggest an answer