Automation rule doesnt work for cloning

Dana Ibragimova May 17, 2022

Hi!

I am having some trouble to enable the automation rule that i have created. To summarize i would like to do the following;

- Project 1 - Create an epic and tasks that fall under this epic.

-Project 2 - Clone an epic with the tasks from Project 1 and make it visible in project 2

The following automation is created; unfortunately this doesnt work when i manually clone  epics.

2022-05-17 13_22_39-Automation - Jira en nog 10 andere pagina's - Werk - Microsoft​ Edge.jpg

2 answers

0 votes
Filipi Lima
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 19, 2022

Could you share the audit logs after you attempt to run it?
Are any of the issues being created and if so are they not as expected?

To clarify @John Funk , the target project of the cloning is selecting in the Clone Action:

image.png

One thing that could play a role - maybe not yet, but could cause problems later - is the option to "Only include issues that have changed since the last time this rule executed."

Since you're running it manually on an issue (i.e. the control is very much under control) you can disable this option.

image.png

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2022

Hi Dana - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

What kind of error are you getting? 

I suspect that since you just created (cloned) the Epic in project two, the stories should get cloned into Project 2 - is that happening? 

But even so, how would it know what Epic to link it to? 

Suggest an answer