Automation question

Arpita Ray December 23, 2020

Hi,

I have created an automation rule - 

If a ticket is created in a Jira Service Management project and the status is transitioned from pending to escalated, then an issue should get created in a specific project in Jira Software.

This rule is working fine and i am able to see the tickets created in the service project in my scrum board (Jira software project).

I want to set another rule - 

If a service management user makes any update in the ticket (already cloned in Jira Software project), then the same update should get updated in the cloned ticket in the Jira Software project backlog.

How can we create this?

Please advise,

Regards,

Arpita

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 24, 2020

@Arpita Ray 

What you can try:

1. In your first rule: Make sure the newly created issue is linked to the trigger issue. Set the Linked issues field.

2. In your second rule check for the trigger like "Field value changed" or "Issue transitioned" or "Issue commented" as shown in the pic below. You need to use "Branch rule / related issues".

Screenshot 2020-12-24 at 15.41.15.png

I hope it helps.

Ravi

Arpita Ray December 27, 2020

Hi @Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_ , My requirement is as follows:

For example, i created a ticket in JSM project A and the automation rule clones the same ticket in JIRA software Project B. 

While creating the ticket in JSM Project A, i am linking the ticket to an existing task in JIRA software Project B (Subtask - Relates To).

The automation rules clones the issue in the project B. 

My requirement is:

whenever a user (who created the ticket) comments on the ticket, the comment should get reflected on the cloned issue in project B.

is this possible? If yes, how can i accomplish this?

Regards,

Arpita

Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 27, 2020

Hi @Arpita Ray 

In shared the rule above where you can see the way comment has been copied. I also made a video demonstrating it.

Ravi

Like # people like this
0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 24, 2020

Hi @Arpita Ray - when you say that you want a rule for when user makes any update, can you be more specific? I am not aware of anyway that Automation for Jira can read if any update happens but only for specific fields. 

Hi @John Funk , let me try and explain what my requirement -

For example, i created a ticket in JSM project A and the automation rule clones the same ticket in JIRA software Project B. 

While creating the ticket in JSM Project A, i am linking the ticket to an existing task in JIRA software Project B (Subtask - Relates To).

The automation rules clones the issue in the project B. 

My requirement is:

whenever a user (who created the ticket) comments on the ticket, the comment should get reflected on the cloned issue in project B.

is this possible? If yes, how can i accomplish this?

Regards,

Arpita

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 28, 2020

See @Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_ video below. 

0 votes
Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 24, 2020

Hi @Arpita Ray 

Are the two issues linked once cloned?

Hi @Liam Green yes they are linked. as subtask (relates to)

Regards,

Arpita

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events