Automation problem between two projects please help !

Solliffan May 4, 2023

I have a project which we will call Project A, I create a ticket A in this project.

The workflow for this project has 5 states: New -> In progress -> Completed -> Customer pending which is accessible through all states.

When I switch to the "In Progress" state it will create a ticket in Project B which will be linked to the ticket in Project A.

Ticket B has a workflow of 5 states as well: New -> In progress -> Partner pending -> Completed.

I would like my ticket B to go to the "Partner Pending" state and ticket A to go to the "Completed" state.

This automation is implemented and works very well, the problem is that when the transition on ticket A is made from "In progress" to "Completion" I also have an automation that creates a ticket C in a project C. But as the change of state is done automatically during the previous automation, the creation of the C ticket is not taken into account.

How can I solve this problem? I absolutely need the creation of the C ticket to be done at this level.

Thank you in advance, I apologise for the complexity of my message.

1 answer

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2023

Hi @Solliffan , welcome to the community.

Could you please go into your second automation that creates ticket C and ensure that the following radio button is enabled.

Check to allow other rule actions to trigger this rule. Only enable this if you need this rule to execute in response to another rule.

Solliffan May 4, 2023

This is the automation that creates ticket B in project B.

Step 1 Transition -> Step 2-> Checks the project and ticket type -> Create ticket B
Auto supp.PNG

I then created an automation in the system automation that links the two projects to change the status of ticket A when ticket B goes to the "En attente partenaire" status

Step 1 Transition -> Step 2 Take link issue and checks the project -> Change statues ticket A.
Auto sup GDD.PNG

And here is the automation that also creates my field when the ticket changes from "en cours" to "terminé" in ticket A.

Step 1 Transition -> check the project and the issue -> create ticket C 

Auto ops.PNG

Which radio button are you talking about?
Thanks for your help! Sorry for the language in French !

Patrick Hicks May 4, 2023

The radio or checkbox is located on the Details page

Like Jack Brickey likes this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2023

@Solliffan ,

let us know if that did the trick

Solliffan May 5, 2023

THANKS GUYS! I REALLY LOVE YOU GUYS! I'M IN A HEADSET I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW IT EXISTS

Suggest an answer