Automation of assigning a assignee to a story (task) related to a specific epic

Vladimir Matveev May 2, 2021

In our Jira software project, most of the stories (tasks) relate to one or another epic.

image.png
I have to set up automation in such a way that, for example, developer A is automatically assigned as a assignee for tasks from Epic "ABS", and developer B is automatically assigned as a assignee for tasks from Epic "DEF"
In stories (tasks) in our project, the epic is visible on the task properties panel as a link.

image.png

Which second step should I choose for this automation?

image.png

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2021

Hi @Vladimir Matveev

if I understood everything right the following rule should get you started - in case I was misinterpreting something or missing, please let us here know.

grafik.png

It was tested and works. For one Epic with assignee user1 it also assigned the story (when Epic Link was correct entered) to user2, the same with a different Epic assigned to user2 - a newly created story was assigned to user2.

Regards,
Daniel

1 vote
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 2, 2021

Hi @Vladimir Matveev 

Try to use a branch rule with type: "Stories (or other issues in Epic)". This should give you all those issues.

If you want to use the epic link then try this in the JQL.

"Epic Link" = {{issue}}

I hope it helps.

Ravi

SandeepSingh R August 25, 2023

I have tried to but not working

0 votes
Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 2, 2021

Hi @Vladimir Matveev 

Add an If-Else condition and in there, add a JQL search check the value of you the Epic Link based on this, set the assignee.

Cheers.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events