Automation: need to get destination field value only when linked to specific issues

Wim Abts December 8, 2021

Hi, 

We have the following requirement:

When an issue A is linked to issue B via the 'relates to' link, I need to copy the value of the issue B key in a custom field of issue A.

So far no problem, but I only need to do this when issue B (the destination issue) is in project C.

I tried using the 'Related issue' branch for the 'Current Issue' where I have access to set the field to the value {{destinationIssue.key}} but then I can't filter the destination issue to only be in the project C.

I tried using the 'Related issue' branch for the 'Destination Issue' but then I cannot update the field in the triggering issue.

Any ideas on how this could be done?

1 answer

0 votes
Chris Buzon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2021

If I understand what you're saying you can use a condition just after the For: Destination Issue:
chrome_2021-12-09_13-14-40.png

Wim Abts December 10, 2021

Hi @Chris Buzon , 

But when in the branch 'Destination Issue' after the test, how can I update the custom field of issue A (trigger issue)? 

Chris Buzon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2021

I'd probably create a temporary variable in the branch that stores that info from the destination ticket, then use it wherever you want elsewhere in the rule.

Like Bill Sheboy likes this
Wim Abts December 12, 2021

But that's only available in Cloud, we're using the Data Center version...

Suggest an answer