Automation - manual trigger - get unreleased versions listed for user input

Christophe H-M April 18, 2024

Hello

For the future I have created an automation rule which is triggered each time a new version/release is created, and the rule will create a set of pre-defined EPICs. This is working fine.

Now in the system we do have already couple of existing versions for which I would need the same set of Epics to be created. I could create them manually but I'm looking for a more automated way. So I want to create a rule, manually triggered which would take a version name as input and then create the set of Epics.

I know how to ask the user to enter a version name, but here as we need to copy an existing version name I though maybe I could get a droplist containing all unreleased versions of my project so the user can just pick the right one.

I checked the possible user inputs but it is always for the user to input something, not to select something from Jira.

Is there a way to achieve what I'm looking for?

Thanks for your help in advance

Christophe

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kalyan Sattaluri
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2024

Hello @Christophe H-M 

No. The options you can present in Manual trigger are hardcoded option you put in and cannot be dynamically loaded like you are looking for.

Apologies in advance but I think you are overthinking this.. Just manually copy / paste to input the version so rule can create these epics, otherwise you need to think of another trigger to achieve this.

OOTB jira cannot cannot solve this.

Christophe H-M April 18, 2024

Hello Kalyan,

this is what I thought but it was worth asking anyway. Thanks for the quick feedback. I manually set the name in the input field and that worked of course. I love this automation capability!

Like Kalyan Sattaluri likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events