Automation help

Aryn Higgins April 28, 2021

I'm trying to set up an automation rule where a custom field is populated with the name of the assignee once it is is in certain statuses-

ex: if we assign a ticket to a developer, and mark it "ready for dev", the custom field will populate with their name, but once our QA assigns it to themselves and changes the status to "in QA", the custom field will retain the name of the original developer.

Does anyone know if this possible?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Darryl Lee
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2021

Sure thing. You'll want a Trigger for when the ticket moves to "Ready for Dev", and then just use an Edit action to set the custom field to {{assignee}}

It'll look something like this: 

Screen Shot 2021-04-28 at 7.58.40 PM.png

I don't have a "Ready for Dev" in my test system, and the Developer custom field I just created was taking its sweet time to show up in Automation (what's up with that @John McKiernan?), so I used "Selected for Development" and Notifyee.

Anywho, the trick here is that you have to start typing {{assignee}} and Automation will automagically detect you're using a Smart value, and show that in the suggestions.

Aryn Higgins April 29, 2021

AWESOME! It worked! Thank you so much, you just saved me hours of time trying to dig around looking for an alternative solution to this. 

Like Darryl Lee likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events