Automation for-each loop

Chasovskikh Kirill July 25, 2022

Hi! 

I need to create subtasks from values in a customfield. The known way is to create branches, where i can check - does the customfield contain Value1?  And create subtask, if it contains.

But if i have a lot of values, this way is too hard.

Is there any way to create For-Each loop? For each value in customfield create subtask.

Thank you!

1 answer

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 25, 2022

Hi @Chasovskikh Kirill 

as far as I understood you described 2 different scenarios because the first one would obly be an „if“.

There is a special „for each“ branch that would create a subtask for each value while iterating over a field or a list.

I recently answered a question similar to your requirement. See the following link:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/How-to-automatically-create-and-assign-subtasks-in-a-Jira-Team/qaq-p/2084182

Hope this is helpful.

Best
Stefan

Chasovskikh Kirill July 25, 2022

Thank you, it works!

Like # people like this
Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 25, 2022

AWESOME!!! Good to know you got that working 💪💪

Best
Stefan

Anmol Khopade April 27, 2023

Stefan,

This is very helpful. Thanks I too was able to solve my issue using above. Appreciate it

Like # people like this
Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 28, 2023

@Anmol Khopade 

Great to hear my answer was helpful and you got that working.

Thanks for the feedback.

Best

Stefan

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders