Automation for Jira - Based on duedate

Paula Pokusa August 24, 2020

I am trying to create a new rule in our Jira instance. If the due date for a ticket is 3 months or less I would like to create a rule that assigns a label to the ticket. Not sure if this is possible or how to go about it, any help/guidance would be appreciated! 

3 answers

1 vote
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 24, 2020

Hi Paula - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You can create a Scheduled trigger with Automation For Jira. Have it run daily (every one days).

Then use the JQL Condition for the due date query.

Then New Action for Edit Issue to update the Labels field. 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2023

Hey @Paula Pokusa  - Did you give it a try? Did it work? 

0 votes
sierra tiktas April 27, 2023

You will need to have this run everyday.

example (2).png

So as you see in the picture above you will want to have it scheduled daily example (3).png

I added the JQL in the picture to show you have to search for three months or less

Then add your label. 

0 votes
Yvan Martin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 27, 2020

Hi @Paula Pokusa

Developer from Automation here.

As @John Funk mentioned you'll need to create a scheduled rule with a JQL statement to find due date less than 3 months and update the labels field.

Here is an example rule configuration I did, that will hopefully do the job. You can click "validate JQL" to try the query and see which issues will be picked up:

Screen Shot 2020-08-28 at 3.16.35 pm.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events