Automation doesn't show all types of items in portuguese

João Vítor Moraes do Carmo April 22, 2021

I'm trying to create an automation rule to sum all subtask story points estimated and attribute that to the parent item. However, when I try to choose "sub task" on issue type it doesn't show up on drop down menu. Only "epic type" shows up. 

I'm not really sure if the issue only happens due to Portuguese language but on automation playground, all items properly show up (see the pictures).

(Btw: the translation to portuguese is a completly mess: my Jira cloud is set to english so all menus are in english. Automation for some reason comes up in portuguese, but even inside automation app, some words are in portuguese and some other words are in english...)

Captura de tela 2021-04-22 101648.png

Captura de tela 2021-04-22 101648.png

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John McKiernan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 25, 2021

Hey @João Vítor Moraes do Carmo (and thanks for the heads up @Bill Sheboy

First of all - apologies for the late response. 

This does appear to be a bug and there was nothing already in the public backlog. I have just added a ticket now: https://codebarrel.atlassian.net/browse/AUT-2200

One workaround for now is to use a JQL condition instead of the Issue Fields Condition (as per screenshot)

Screenshot at Apr 26 10-53-27.png

Apologies for the extra work. Hopefully we can get that fixed up soon. 

Cheers,

John

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 22, 2021

Hi @João Vítor Moraes do Carmo  -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I checked in the public backlogs (Jira and automation) and did not see this symptom.

@John McKiernan -- Is this an issue in the automation backlog and perhaps I just searched for it incorrectly?  Thanks!

Best regards,

Bill

João Vítor Moraes do Carmo April 26, 2021

Thank you Bill Sheboy. 

Even using JQL, it seems the system doesn't recognize subtask as an issue type...

Capture.PNG

John McKiernan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 26, 2021

Very odd, it looks like it is getting confused between languages. I'll add this to the public tracker, thanks @João Vítor Moraes do Carmo 

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 26, 2021

Hi @João Vítor Moraes do Carmo 

I can think of two work-arounds, depending upon how many issue sub-task types you have/that you expect for that rule execution...

If you have just one, please try:

issuetype IN subTaskIssueTypes()

If you need a specific sub-task type, please use the id number for your issueType value rather than the name of it.  Here are the steps to find that:

• Find an example sub-task with the type you want to search for, identifying its key
  • Call the REST API in a browser tab, as you would to find a smart value, substituting in your company Jira URL and the issue key
myCompanyJiraURL/rest/api/2/issue/myIssueKey?expand=names
  • Search for issueType, and you should see its id number
  • change your JQL to use that number.  For example, if the number was 10002:
issuetype = 10002

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS