Automation creating duplicate issues

Rahul April 24, 2023

I have created an automation like when issue transitioned from "Inprogress" to "InQA" a QA ticket will be created and linked to this ticket. But when the parent issue re-opens and it go throughs the flow again from Inprogress to InQA again automation rule creating one more QA ticket. How to restrict this???

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2023

Hi @Rahul 

It really depends on your business requirements. I mean you can really create a rule like the following:

my rule.png

• Where you lookup the issues that are linked to your trigger issue.
  • If the size of those issues are less than 1 (if no linked issue is found) then
  • Create the issue

Let me know if that helps!

Rahul April 24, 2023

Hi @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ 

I have used your automation, but the issue created through automation is not getting linked to main issue

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2023

But you have to add it to the "create issue" component, which I assumed you were doing anyway:

link issue.png

Feel free to change the "is blocked by" to any link type of your liking.

Rahul April 25, 2023

Hi @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ 

Thank You, it worked!!!

0 votes
Rahul June 2, 2023

@Alex Koxaras _Relational_ I have used your idea stated above, but QA testing ticket is not getting created through automation when any other tickets are linked to that parent ticket

Rahul June 2, 2023

@Alex Koxaras _Relational_ the condition should be like 

Issues in Linkedissues ({{issue.type in QA Story}})

Then

{{Lookupissues.size}} is less than 1

I don't know how to write this script correctly, just explaining the requirement

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events