Automation: can't use smart value {{webResponse}}

Adan Zeng
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 5, 2023

I use web request in if/else block:

image.pngThis is my response body.

image.pngBut in the following step, when I want to use {{webResponse}}, it shows the value is empty, no matter I use {{webResponse.body.message}} or {{webResponse.body}}, even {{webResponse}}, it shows empty.

image.png

2 answers

2 votes
Kristopher Perez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 10, 2023

Hey @Adan Zeng ,

Before complicating the automation with If/Else blocks, make sure you are getting the responses that you expect.  The best way to do this is with the "Log Action" action.

There shouldn't be anything that stops the web request body or status from being reported in the If/Else block.

This works fine for me with an automation I am already using to monitor for new Public Filters.

Your next step would be to add a Log Action right after the request and keep working at it until you get the responses you are expecting.  The one "Gotcha" is making sure to have the check marks under "Wait for responses."  Based on what you are looking for you would need both.

Kris

Cursor_and_Automation_-_JIRA-2.png

Cursor_and_Automation_-_JIRA.png

1 vote
Melo
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 6, 2023

Hi @Adan Zeng, welcome to the community!

Have you tried the smart value {{webhookResponse.body}}?

https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-smart-values-issues/#--webhookResponse--

Cheers,

Melo

Adan Zeng
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 8, 2023

It didn't work for me. I think the root cause is I use web request in if/else block, and I can only get the response inside block.

Thomas Wolfe February 25, 2024

Thanks Melo

Had similar problem. Replaced webResonse with webhookResponse and it worked

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events