Automation and subtask status

Nikola Grbovic June 30, 2021

Can someone please assist how can I change status of parent in case subtask status changes to some specific status? So I only want to match once subtask status changes to TODO for instance parent to change status to selected? Thx

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 30, 2021

Hi @Nikola Grbovic -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

What have you tried so far?  It may help to post an image of your rule for the community to have context to offer ideas.

For something similar to your use case, please take a look at this rule in the automation library:

https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/automation-template-library/rules#/rule/140671

Best regards,
Bill

Nikola Grbovic June 30, 2021

Here is something I tried using url you provided:

screen.png

I get NO ACTIONS PERFORMED as status.  Description the following issues did not match the condition: "points to subtask". I guess something more is needed since it point to right subtask. 

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 30, 2021

I haven't had consistent results with that related issues condition... How about trying a simpler rule, if it meets your use case:

• trigger: issue transitioned to Review
  • condition: issue is a sub-task
  • branch: for parent
    • condition: if status is not Selected (or any later status values in your workflow...so check any possible status values you want)
    • action: transition to Selected

In this way, if any sub-task transitions to Review, it can trigger the rule, but the parent will only transition to Selected for the first one that meets your checks.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events