Automation: Start new sprint creating a new story with value story points = "x"

Jeroen Kotterlink April 13, 2023

Hi all,

I have created an automation that creates a new story as a new sprint is started. The only thing that's not working is that I want to have this story an estimate of 5 story points. Thats not happening because of "the field may not be available for the project/type???"

The message (audit log automation) I get after starting a new sprint is:

Create issue
Unknown fields set during creation. They may not be available for the project/type. Check the configuration of your custom fields. Fields ignored:
Story Points (customfield_10032) 

Need some help with solution.

With regards,

Jeroen Kotterlink

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 13, 2023

Hi @Jeroen Kotterlink -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

For a question like this, please post images of your complete rule and the audit log details showing the rule execution.  Those will provide context for the community to offer suggestions.  Thanks!

Until we see those...

Are you using a Company-managed or Team-managed project?  You can find this information at the bottom-left of the expand area on the page.

Company-managed projects use the "Story points" field and Team-managed ones use the "Story point estimate" field...even though they have the same name on the screen.  If this is the cause you will need to use an advanced edit with JSON to set the "Story point estimate" field, as that is not in the drop-down list for fields in rules.

Kind regards,
Bill

Hi Bill,

thnx for your message. I'm using a company managed version and the printscrn I will add.

image.png

image.png

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 13, 2023

Would you please show in the issue create what value you are putting in the field?

And, I wonder if you have two, company-managed fields named "Story Points".  You can check that from your site admin functions with:

yourJiraUrl/secure/admin/ViewCustomFields.jspa

And then search for "Story Points".  If you see multiple fields, one of them was added in error.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events