Automation: Setting an issue's due date based on the earliest due date of sub-tasks

Aleksandra Gregec May 1, 2023

I am creating an automation that allows me to have sub-tasks automatically created when creating an issue. I would like to have the due date of the issue set to the earliest due date of the sub-tasks that are being created. I have tried a few options, such as:

1) Adding a rule that sets the due date to {{issue.subtasks.duedate.min}} (based on https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Highest-Due-Date-from-Sub-tasks-copied-to-Parent/qaq-p/1903864)

jira1.jpg

Sub-tasks are created, but the due date is not added. This does work in other automations I have, e.g. when an issue is transitioned, sub-tasks are created automatically, and the due date is set in this way. 

2) Creating a label or a comment instead, and then creating another rule triggered by this label or comment. This worked but creating comments might get messy after a while, so we were hoping for making the first option work or finding some other solution!

I hope someone can help and thanks!

1 answer

1 vote
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 1, 2023

Hello @Aleksandra Gregec 

Welcome to the Atlassian community!

Try adding a Re-fetch Issue action after creation of the last subtask and before trying to edit the Due Date of the issue.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events